Thursday, July 31, 2014

My top 5

Lately, I've been tired and uninspired.
It happens every time I'm forced to take a break. First it was injury, and right after that I went on vacation, and came straight home to work-work-work. I feel like work really drains my energy down to zero, which is frustrating. How can I get better if I never have the energy to practice?

Luckily, these five videos always seem to help me out. Let me give you my top 5 list of youtube-videos that always gives me inspiration, ambition and a smile on my face!

no. 1 - Jenyne Butterfly at PolePressure 2011

This must be my favourite of all time. Gives me goosebumps all over my body. I love it from 00:00 to the end. The start, were she dances happy, free, seems even a bit clumsy, is perfect. You can see she is really having fun up there, embracing the moment and enjoying the dance. She then proceeds to the most hardcore tricks, all in pace with the music. Love it!

no. 2 - Anastasia Sokolova at Ukraine Got Talent

What I love most about this is how she managed to be herself, sexy girl, sexy costume, sexy dance to rock n' roll, and still managed to show the world her true talent. Sadly, as mesmerizing a girls sexuality may be, many people are also blinded by it, and aren't able to move their focus from her appearance to what she is really trying to show.
I love her style, it sexy, raw and powerful, but don't let it fool you! She's also strong, flexible and a talented dancer. Keep at it!

no. 3 - DirdyBirdy to Wicked Games by The Weeknd

This is the first video I fell in love with. Simple, graceful and also, it's improvised! I love that there are no big, scary, advanced super-flexy-so-painful--that-youregonnadie moves, but it's most about the execution of the moves, the movement itself, and, of course, pointing your toes!

no. 4 - Emma Haslam at Britain's Got Talent

You can't NOT love this video, it's impossible! Also, most of us have heard it before "I can't poledance, I don't have the body to do it". Yes you fucking do, you have a body don't you?! If she can do it, can't you? I mean, she's gotta weigh like the twice of me, and she can do an elbow-grip ayesha?!! Everything is possible if you work hard enough to get it!
The cherry on top - she also has the confidence to put herself out there, in minimal clothing, on a "stripper-pole", in our body-fixated world. Respect!

no. 5 - Yeva Shiyanova to Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

No, it's not poledancing, but you would love to do floorwork like this, wouldn't you? Yeah, I thought so too.
I can be sexy.... as long as there is silly laughter afterwards... I really lack confidence in this department of poledance. I just.... can't. It feels awkward, unnatural and silly, I have huge issues with taking my sexuality seriously. What to do? Work on it. A lot. Fake it till you make it. This video is my ultimate goal. Letting go, be dramatic, be sexy. I'm probably never gonna turn out a twerking-goddess, but a little bit of this wouldn't be too bad.

So, who did I leave out? Who's your favourite dancers, videos, your sources of inspiration and ambition?

No comments:

Post a Comment