Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Instructors course

This weekend I'm attending an instructors course. I'm really looking forward to this, and my body and mind is overwhelmed by all sorts of feelings. As you know I've been coaching a couple of girls for fun, and when people come visit I often get them to try the pole and learn them a few basic spins. People usually love pole and I really like teaching. So I've been playing around with the idea of starting my own studio.

The course is great for other things to. It's gonna be in a real pole studio. This is actually a bit weird to say, but I've never been to a pole-studio. I've never even touched a pole other than my own. So I'm really looking forward to this. A new experience. More poles. And taller poles! My ceiling is so freaking low I hate it.

This is Drammen Pole Fitness Studio where the course is held

And I'm a little scared to. I'm worried that the other girls are all gonna be like, expert level, shoulder-mounting and iron x-ing all over the place and I'll be left out as the newbie amateur that's never even gone to classes. If that's the case it's luckily just for the weekend.
On the other side I'm happy that I'll be spending my time with girls who shares my passion. Sometimes I feel a little lonely when poleing. I don't have pole-friends who geeks over the trendy move atm, shorts and heels, pole-idols or that can do doubles with me. So it's gonna be great to spend a whole weekend with people that shares my love for pole.

I think this is really gonna help me. We are gonna learn about warm-ups, stretching, technique, grips, damage prevention, spotting, what to teach at the different levels and so on. It will be great for me at least, since I've never attended classes and have basically no clue to what I'm actually doing. Or, of course I've got a clue, I can poledance so I've done something right. But it'll be good to learn how a full workout should be, and whats appropriate to learn when.

Overall I'm pretty much excited. I've been looking forward to this for so long time now, and even if I don't get a studio up and running right away (or ever) it's not gonna be a waste of time and money. The things I'll learn I'm pretty sure is gonna get to good use during my own pole journey. I cant lose one this.

No comments:

Post a Comment