Monday, April 21, 2014

Had some girls over!

It's kinda random how all this happened.

I had met this girl once before, and started reading her blog, and the other day she published her bucket-list. And one of the things on the list was to learn poledance.

So I thought about it for a while. I really want someone to practice with, to dance with, to learn with, to talk and obsess over pole with. Just someone to share my hobby and passion with. I couldn't really see any problems or downsides to invite her over for a try, so I contacted her on facebook and asked her if she wanted to come over and try. And so she did, and she also brought a friend along.

I was really worried that they wouldn't like it. Maybe the pole would just be super-slippery, and we wouldn't get anything properly done. Or if they had applied body-lotion, or had way to dry skin. Or if they would feel like they didn't do any good and get discouraged. Or if they felt uncomfortable with exposing their skin, or if I turned out to be a bad instructor, and they never understood anything I tried to explain, or something.

Maria in angel-pose
But that didn't happen! They we're surprised over the amount of strength it takes to just do regular spins, but over all they seemed to enjoy it and they said they had a lot of fun, so we agreed that they would come back on tuesday. I'm really excited about this, I finally have someone to share share all this stuff with!

It was also a lot of fun to play instructor for a day, I really like teaching. What's a little challenging about poledance is that everyone have different preconditions, and therefore the workouts needs to be adapted to each individual. The girls didn't have much arm strength, so most of the spins I had planned out teaching them got thrown away. For now at least. I really wanted to make this as fun for them as possible, so instead for making them struggle with spins they don't have the muscles to do, we focused on things that requires engaged legs. Taught them some different variations of fireman, how to climb, how to sit, front-hook spin and angel spin, and one of the girls even inverted into crucifix!

Next time we're mostly just gonna practice the same moves they learned last time. Since the basic moves builds the foundation for the next levels I want them to perfect the moves a little more before we move on. If they do very good I think we might try out hangback and layback from the sitting position, and maybe some more inverting, since it's fun and strengthens the core-muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment