Monday, April 14, 2014

How to take pictures of yourself

For the pole-practice today I decided to set up my camera and get some action-shots of my leg-hangs. First problem - I've lost the screw that connects the camera to the tripod. So I had to improvise with a ordinary screw that was way too long and didn't fit properly. But it just about worked. Then the battery was out of juice, so I had to let it charge for 20min, hoping that it would last long enough to get the shot. When the battery was charged I figured it would be best to try out my new remote for the camera. So 5 minutes was spent to learn how that worked.

When I finally got the camera up and running, I had to face a different kind of obstacle - getting a GOOD picture...... well, that never happened. Either I got zombie-arms, forgot to stretch the inside leg out, forgot to point my toes, my tomato-red face came right up in the camera, or it fell out or the frame or something. And when I finally started to get the hang of it the battery went dry. But I'll share anyways.


Well, at least I've nailed the move!

Didn't really learn any new moves or tricks, just practiced the leg-hangs and tried to get my pretzel-spin..... That pretzel-spin though....  Is my back really so stiff that I cant do a proper pretzel-spin, or am I doing something wrong? Other than struggle with mr. Pretzel, I got into cupid from gemini! One step closer to the choreography!

On Thursday I'm having a couple of girls over to try poledancing! I'm very excited and hope they enjoy it. Reeeeeaaaaally want a friend or two to talk pole with, dance and share my passion with, so looking forward to it! And maybe they can take some pictures for me, since these turned out so crappy x)

No comments:

Post a Comment